Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 18th

I have really enjoyed hearing from so many people that are thinking and praying for Jett. I appreciate all of the encouraging and thoughtful words. Many times I receive the messages on my blackberry throughout the day and it's just such a blessing to hear from you all especially when I need some reassurance or a laugh or whatever feeling your messages provoke!

Jett is doing well and has continued eating hs milk like a good boy. They have increased his feeding from 6ml to 7 ml and now 9ml every 3 hours. When we arrived at the hospital today we were so happy to find they removed the NG tube which goes from his nose to his belly. He looks so adorable and very healthy. His weight two nights ago was 8lbs 5 oz. He is a big boy! And to think he was not supposed to be born for another 10 days!! I will download the pics we took of him today without the yucky tube.

Jace had his first soccer game this morning. We laughed a lot, he ran a lot. He seems to enjoy practices more than the game. He is not too into confrontation and "taking" the ball from the other players. In fact, he worked hard not to make contact with the ball at all. As my dad put it.... there's always basketball!
Love
liz

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, remember me?? Just wanted to let you know your boys are gorgeous, and we are praying for you, glad to hear he is tolerating feedings, that is good news.... John and I have 3 kiddos, 7,3, and 1. Auston, Landon and Lainey. They keep me extremely busy, I work at the local highschool teaching the Health Occupations class. John stays busy on the farm.
    We will keep you and your family in our prayers.
    Sommer (McFarland) Phipps

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know it is great to hear how well Mr. Jett is coming along over this past week. We can not wait to hear more great news over the next few weeks:) 9 mls every three hrs.....GREAT!!!! Keep up the good work. Jace, Russell agrees with your grandpa about the basketball:)
    Love, Janel & Russell

    ReplyDelete