Thursday, June 25, 2009

A week and two days....

It's been over one week since we brought our little man home. He loves being home and we love having him home. He is more work than I can even express but it's worth it to have him here. I am very lucky that Pj is such a great daddy...I do not know how I would do this on my own. It would be impossible! Each day has gotten a bit easier and we are getting into a routine of tag teaming Jace and Jett and the many many treatements and mediations. The home health nurse has stopped coming each day to hook and unhook the IV nutrition. She now comes only once a week to draw bloodwork and we are doing the care of the central line and nutrition.

Nights are very restful because Jett does not wake to eat b/c he gets his IV nutrition. I think he would sleep 12 hours if we let him. The fact that I can get 7 or more hours of sleep is HUGE. Of course Pj is a night owl so he doesn't go to bed when we put Jett asleep. He probably gets more like 5 hours of sleep.

Jace is a very sweet big bro. Recently he has lost interest in helping out though. Jace is adjusting but has been acting out a bit at times. He wants to be attached to my hip and will not allow Pj to do much for him if I am around. We have heard several times that he does not like us. Breaks my heart b/c I know he feels so torn about having to share his mommy and daddy time with the new little guy! Again, each day seems a bit better.

Still haven't downloaded new pics but I promise...he is a cutie!!

XOXOxoxo
Liz

1 comment:

  1. Oh... I have heard too much lately from Noah that daddy does it better or he wants dad and not me... and even told me the other day I was not his friend anymore... how is it that they know just want breaks us? Hang in there - you continue to amaze me!!!
    Lees

    ReplyDelete