Thursday, June 18, 2009

Home Sweet Home

It didn't take long for us to figure out Jett would be better off at home instead of the new hospital. So, Tuesday night we brought him home for the first time. After 3 months of watching other parents walk out the door with their babies, it was now our turn.

Since Jett's homecoming we have been incredibly busy. He is on constant IV nutrition and receives a total of 7 nebulizer treatments a day. He also gets a medicine for his liver 4 times a day, mucomyst once a day in his fistula plus the frequent dressing changes, diaper changes and colostomy care. we still try to feed him every 3 hours but unfortunatley he has a nipple aversion so it takes a lot of time and patience to get him to eat even a small amount. Jett's care is a lot of work but we are enjoying every second of having him! It's amazing that once he got home I could actually smell him and enjoy his wonderful baby scent instead of the hospital fumes. He is loving it at home, he seems much more content and relaxed and looks beautiful..... I think it was a great move to come home.

Jace offered his favorite dinkee (blanket) and Rover (his stuffed puppy dog) to Jett the first night. We were amazed b/c we can barely get our hands on them to give them a bath. He has been super sweet but today I think he may be over it. I called his Grandma to come play with him and get some super attention. He needs it!

As you can imagine, we've taken many pictures so I will post those as soon as I get a chance. Thank you for all your prayers and sweet words!

Liz

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy he is home! Erica says he looks great and the move home for him has been wonderful. It is great he is at home and surrounded by your love every minute of the day. I can't wait to see him again!
    XOXO,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear he is home and can't wait to see the new photos!

    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious baby boys - so beautiful. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow~ Congrats Liz! My Bible Study prayed for all four of you today! They are so sweet - they ask about Jace and Jett each week!!!

    MMMMMMMMM... that baby smell is the best isn't it?
    Lees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz and PJ,
    You are doing an incredible job with Jett and Jace. I will continue to pray for you all.
    I'm glad you have him home though at times I'm sure you think you can't do it.... but you are really giving him the best you have to offer-love and the comfort of being home!
    Can't wait to meet Jett and see Jace again.
    Love,
    Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all must be very busy!!! Hope PJ has a very blessed Father's Day, having both of his little guys at home. Take one day at a time, and if possible find someone to give you some relief so you don't burn out. I remember taking care of Grandma and having to remind myself somedays, "to take one day at a time, to do what I could and trust the Lord with the rest, to remember that I could do whatever I needed to do in His strength, but I would burn out in my own, and to PRAY for daily grace, wisdom, and strength."
    Praying for you,
    Aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete