Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 5th

Today was a good day for both the boys. Jace got to spend time with Grandma and Grandpa all day and Jett was held all morning by mommy, Nana and Pop. Pj will be going to the hospital this evening.

I met my girlfriend for dinner tonight at Chick-Fil-A. As I was filling her in on the details of Jett's recovery, someone sitting next to us overheard our conversation. She asked me if I had a baby in the NICU and of course I said yes. She says, his name isn't by chance Jett is it? OMG!!! Yes it is! She told me she had praying for him and her entire Sunday school class was as well. I cannot explain how wonderful it is to know that people are thinking and caring and praying for us that don't even know us directly. Turns out, Leann sings with mom at church and was so pleased to hear the good news from Mondy's tests! Thank you to everyone from my closest relatives and friends to those that have just heard of Jett and have decided to pray for a family, going through a difficult time and a baby needing extra love and prayers!

Please let me know if you are following the blog. I love to hear from everyone!!

Good Night
Liz

5 comments:

  1. Liz - I wanted to tell you something cute that Noah does! Everyday he prays before bed and MOST meals (his parents are slackers on the meal part sometimes...) Anyways... he ALWAYS ends the prayer with "make Baby Jett get better"... again - the parents need to work on the whole commanding God to do something - thank goodness our God knows our hearts since some of us are not so gifted with our words!

    I recently told him how you call him ""Fighter Jett" - his face was in awe when I told him this... his favorite thing in the whole world is to sit and watch the fighter jets take off and land at our air force base...

    So, tonight when he was saying his prayers... he said the usual - thanks for dad, thanks for moo moo (addie and I never make the cut - but he had just gotten a spanking from me for pushing her - so could have been the reason today) and he said... "I love fighter jett. He get better soon!"

    I teared up. We have a pic of Jett on our frig and he loves to look at him and kiss his face - but I have never heard him say, I love jett or fighter jett! AND - we are in Texas and have been since last Thursday - so to hear him say it when he hasn't had the daily reminder was just too sweet!

    This story you posted today was awesome - isn't the compassion of others just humbling sometimes? And, the power of prayer in our lives is so crucial. I remember when my mom had cancer - just hearing that people were praying for her made me feel so much better!
    Love always~Lees

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing and wonderful feeling to know how many people care about Jett enough to take the time to pray for him daily. It is really overwhelming when you think about it. PLEASE don't stop! Liz, PJ and Jace need prayers too. I look at them each day and know that only the Lord can keep sustainimg them and keep them taking one step forward each day. They are amazing. I love each of them BIG much!(family joke) Nana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keesha emailed me the link to this blog... what an awesome idea. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family! Miss and love you lots!

    Kelly Bailey ( and family )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing to know others are lifting Jett and all of you up in prayer. I like the "fighter Jett" name. So glad you're taking time to keep us up on how things are going.
    Love you,
    Aunt Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me and baby Kahn pray for little Jett every night. He can't wait for his friend to come home from the hospital when he is a little bigger. We are going to be home the first weekend of June, June 5-7, for baby Kahn's baptism and I want to come up and finally see the little fighter. Thanks for the updates. Love you all!!!
    XOXO,
    Trish

    ReplyDelete