Saturday, May 16, 2009

May 16th

I've heard from other parents that the 6th week in the NICU is very difficult. I have to say that this 7th week has been terrible. I am feeling very exhausted and have been down this week. Luckily Pj and I kind of take turns being the mopey, worried to death parent and have each had our days this past week. We have seen so many parents leave the hospital with their babies, I just wish it were our turn. Difference is that those parents will likely not have to see another hospital room for years when I know this is just the beginning for our family.

No word on the test yet except that more mucus has accumulated and did not allow the contrast dye go thru the intestines entirely. I guess this means he will probably get more Mucomyst to help break it up.

I have many cute pictures to download and will try to get them on the blog this weekend.

Jace has missed the last 2 soccer games b/c he didn't want to go. I wasn't going to push him. He is a trooper thru this all and has been giving lots of needed kisses to his mommy. What a little man he is!!!

2 comments:

  1. Seven weeks? Seven weeks. Wow! I can not believe that you have been in the NICU life for seven weeks... I don't know what to say - seems anything is too trival. Just know that we love you and pray for you everyday - sometimes multiple times a day. For someone going through so much - you still amaze me on a daily basis of how centered you are and how amazing you are to help Jace work through it. Can't wait to meet Jett and see Jace -
    Lots of love to you and PJ! I am praying for the two of you as a couple most of all! I don't know how you are doing it - the daiy stress of life is enough pressure on a marriage... Wade and I just have to keep telling each other it is US against - whatever... not us against each other which it so often comes to first before we gain persepective!
    Lees

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine the emotional roller coaster you both are going through and how exhausting it must be! We continue to read and pray for you at night! Can't wait to see you Thursday for a much needed girls night.
    Cara

    ReplyDelete